Six important factors are driving new and updated demands on corporate strategists.
- Dynamism: competitive advantages do not last as long as they used to, so re-balancing needs to occur more actively and frequently
- Uncertainty: as business plans become less predictable, scale takes on a new dynamic—that being resilience
- Contingency: companies need to have more than one strategy at their fingertips
- Connectedness: true value can now reside beyond the boundaries of the firm
- Contextuality: corporate strategy must now creatively include new social and ecological constraints
- Cognition: companies need to combine machine learning and AI with human cognition to create new ‘bionic’ organizations
Please reach out to me to discuss how corporate strategies are evolving in your organization and competitive landscape.